There is a world where we as men will always overcome temptation, a world where we have all we need/want (or more accurately, want all we have), and a world where we do not lack the strength to succeed. Who among us men would not want a life known for victory over temptation, deep satisfaction, and a legacy of success? That “world” is what Jesus refers to as “the Kingdom,” and it is a world we can live in right here and now.
Come and join us! The retreat is a great opportunity to get to know other men, grow in our faith and explore God's beautiful creation. Our own Gary Taylor will be teaching us about "the Kingdom", plus we'll worship thru song. There will be free time to visit Yosemite, join a conversation, do some fishing or just relax.
It officially starts at 6pm on Friday at the cabins with a pizza dinner, and we'll leave for home by noon on Sunday. Different departure times on Friday are available, but please allow 3 hours for driving plus traffic.
Cost: $50 for lodging and 5 meals (scholarships available).
Not included: Gasoline (paid to carpool driver), Sunday lunch, park fees.
Age 18 and up. Max of 35 so sign up early to guarantee your spot.
* Sleeping bag (if you don't have one, bring sheets and blankets). There are only a few beds available, plus a few pullout and non-pullout sofas. If you need a bed, let us know when you sign up. Otherwise bring a pad or air mattress.
* Pillow (or at least a pillow case)
* Clothing & coat (variable weather)
* Flashlight to walk between cabins at night
* Bible, paper & pen/pencil
* Towel, medications, camera, hat and sun block
* Yosemite Park pass (if you have one)
* Fishing pole
Questions? Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
There isn't any cell phone service at the cabins (nearest is the town of Groveland). Remember, you're on a retreat to get away from your everyday life...